Memory Care Vendor Programs
Your residents with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia have unique needs and challenges. Engaging them with physical therapy, cognitive exercises, and life enrichment activities and creating an environment where they feel comfortable and safe can help your seniors live a joyful and purposeful life, and help your community stay competitive.
Care Purchasing Services (CPS) provides you with access to a complete memory care solution, with vendor programs designed to meet the distinct needs of your residents.
Tackling Loneliness and Social Isolation in Older Adults
A National Poll on Healthy Aging finds that chronic loneliness in seniors negatively affects their memory, physical well-being, mental health, and life expectancy. Helping your residents forge meaningful social connections and encouraging participation in community activities can help counteract this loneliness.
Engaging your residents based on their individual needs and preferences can lead to better health outcomes, and that helps your bottom line.
- It’s Never 2 Late (iN2L) makes engagement technology accessible and enjoyable to seniors through intuitive software and extensive content library.
- LifeBio provides senior living communities with reminiscence therapy, life review, and other life enrichment tools to help improve residents’ health and wellbeing.
- Linked Senior enhances life in senior care communities through life enrichment and dementia engagement using simple technology and non-drug therapy.
Recreational activity is associated with increased cognitive functioning and social engagement and it can also decrease aggression.
- Caremerge Community Engagement schedules, tracks, and analyzes resident lifestyle activities.
- Touchtown Resident Concierge helps residents stay connected to each other and their community through a variety of media.
Virtual Reality (VR) platforms can energize and stimulate your residents to combat social isolation and help lessen cognitive decline.
- Rendever delivers both group and individual VR experiences to seniors, letting them visit places they could never otherwise go (or places they have not been to in a long time) and share these experiences with fellow residents.
- MyndVR curates a vast library of VR content and creates original programming designed to create happy, calming, and memorable experiences for older adults.
- ALLE Learning provides onsite turnkey lifelong learning programs for senior adult communities. Curriculum includes stimulating subjects combined with reinforcement projects designed to initiate curiosity, reduce isolation, and enhance self-esteem.
- Joy For All Companion Pets by Ageless Innovation offers robotic cats and pup that look, feel, and sound like the real thing, bringing your residents joy and comfort and helping them feel connected.
Empowering Your Residents with Physical Activities
According to a study published in Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology, older adults who move more may preserve more of their memory and thinking skills. The study also found that people who had better motor skills also had better thinking and memory skills.
Care Purchasing Services (CPS) partners with a number of vendors to bring sensory activities to your residents, including activity pillows and aprons to improve motor skills and stimulating games and puzzles designed for memory care.
CPS partners with several therapy providers to assist your memory care residents with cognitive exercises and physical therapy.
CPS’s therapy and exercise equipment vendor partners provide a wide range of machines to keep your residents active.
Creating a Suitable Environment
Beyond physical activity and cognitive exercises, considerations such as lighting, paint on the walls, and furniture placement play an important role in helping your memory care residents interact. CPS partners with vendors across all categories to provide the right environment for your residents.
- Dinnerware and Glassware
- Linens and Uniforms
Using Wander Management Technology
- Pocketfinder GPS Trackers alert families and caregivers when residents roam outside of their set safety zones.
Care Purchasing Services (CPS) connects organizations to hundreds of carefully vetted vendors in plant operations, food service, medical supplies, therapy, pharmacy, and more. Through its extensive network of vendor partners, CPS provides value-added programs to thousands of communities nationwide, helping them improve their operations with measurable results.